- Competition means the Fikra University ideation competition open to all current students at any university based in the UAE.
- Competition Period/Date means the Competition commencement at 12am GMT+4 on 8th September 2019 and finishing at 12:00 pm GMT+4 on 15th December 2019 (“Competition Period”). Competition Winners will be selected in October 2019.
- Entrant means a participant in the Competition and Raffle who is a current student at any university based in the UAE. This can be an individual student or a group of up to three (3) students.
- Entry means online participation in the Competition.
- Finalist means the Entrant whose idea has been shortlisted in the final six (6) for further progression in the Competition.
- Internship means paid or unpaid work experience offered by Etihad Aviation Group or its partners.
- Internship Provider means organisation providing work experience for final winner/winners.
- Organiser means Etihad Aviation Group
- Prize(s) means Competition Prizes and Raffles Prizes. (Raffle Prizes means Prize Type 1: Roadshow Raffle Prize: General Admission Tickets to Louvre Abu Dhabi (a total of 48 will winners will be drawn and awarded); Prize Type 2 – Fikra University Raffle Prize: Weekly raffle draw prize of one (1) round trip ticket to any destination that EY would fly, over a period of four (4) weeks. Competition Prizes means Prize Type 3 – Final award: Six (6) individual or team internship(s) with EAG or partners. Prize Type 4 – Grand prize: Overseas innovation course in Amsterdam for winning individual or team, inclusive of Etihad economy class return flight tickets via Abu Dhabi, lodging and course fees.)
- Raffle means a random draw from the Entries to win Prize(s).
- Winner(s) means the Entrants who win the Competition/Raffle draw.
- Raffle winner(s) means Entrants who win in one of the raffle draws
- Works means any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Competition.
|Parties’ rights and obligations
- The Organiser reserves the right to request Winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of Entry validity (including but not limited to originality of image) in order to claim a Prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and Entry considered suitable for verification is at the absolute and sole discretion of the Organiser. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof as mentioned above, the Organiser may forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute or equivalent Prize will be offered.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice at its exclusive and sole discretion.
- The Organiser reserves the right to verify the validity of Entries and to disqualify any Entry which in the opinion of the Organiser includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant(s) who tampers with the Entry processor who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of the Organiser, engaged in a conduct in entering in the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally or specifically damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify a Winner at any time if the Organiser becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s Entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in this Competition and Raffle and such Entrant will have no right to challenge such decision.
- In the case of the intervention of any force majeure event which prevents, restricts or significantly hinders the Organiser’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Organiser may in their absolute discretion cancel or extend the date of Competition and recommence it from the start on the same or amended conditions, subject to any State regulations or applicable laws.
- The Organiser reserve the right in their absolute and sole discretion to disqualify any individual(s) for whom the Organiser have reason to believe that he/she has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of this Competition and Raffle.
- If for any reason this Competition and Raffle is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Organiser, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition and Raffle, the Organiser will not be liable and the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Competition at its sole discretion.
- The Organiser reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual/Entrant who tampers with the Entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected Entries.
- Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in this Competition and Raffle. The Organiser reserves legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such Entrant and to initiate criminal and civil proceedings against that Entrant.
- Costs associated with accessing the Competition website remain the Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the Internet service provider used.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the destinations or internship providers that were originally agreed upon as the location or organization of the internship at any time at the Organiser’s sole discretion. The Winner will be notified regarding such change.
- All Entrants are responsible for the originality, accuracy and correctness of the data and information which they submit to the Organiser. Any form of plagiarism will be deemed to be unlawful and the Entrant (individual or entire team) will automatically be eliminated and their universities will be notified under such circumstances. In case of any allegation or complaint made by any victim of plagiarism regarding its infringement of rights to protect from such act of plagiarism concerning the participant(s)’ Competition Entry, whether it is intangible, other rights of a third party or even obvious plagiarism of other students’ work, then the Entrant shall be financially liable for such act of plagiarism personally. These conditions apply to Competition Entry all the way through to Competition closure.
|How to enter
- Information on how to enter, mechanics of Entry and Prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by each Entrant.
- To enter the Competition, Entrants must: (a) Identify the idea they would like to work on and the reason why, and register their details as requested on the Competition website and other forms including, but not limited to, name, email address and phone number.
- There is no limit of Entries per Entrant for the duration of the Competition Period
|Entry criteria guidelines
- No purchase is necessary to enter this Competition and Raffle. This is a Competition of skills and innovation and chance plays no part in determining the outcome. The criteria for judging will be based on, among other things, originality, creativity, merit and relevance. There will be 6 final winners/teams chosen, with a maximum of 18 final winners.
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Organiser and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Organiser. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete Entries will be deemed invalid. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected Entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those Entries not received by the Organiser.
- Entries not fully complying with these Terms and Conditions may be deemed to be rejected or declared invalid at the Organiser’s sole discretion. If a winning Entry is deemed not to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the Entry will be discarded and the relevant Prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Terms and Conditions as if the discarded Entry had not been received.
- Prizes will be awarded to the Entrant named in the Entry.
- All Entrants will be automatically enrolled into a Raffle to potentially win Prizes provided by Etihad Aviation Group. The Prizes are set out in further detail on www.Fikra.ae website. Once the Raffle has been drawn, the Organiser will be in contact with the Raffle Winners to provide guidance and support as to how they can access their Prizes. Further details on the dates and timing of the Raffle draw can be found on the website.
- Winners of the Competition will be decided in accordance with section 6 below and announced on the FIKRA website page during October 2019 before the final ceremony. Notifications will also be sent by email to the respective Winners.
- Raffle Winner(Prize Type 2 ) must suggest 3 destinations within Etihad network
- Raffle Winner(Prize Type 2 ) must suggest 3 traveling dates for seats availability
- Raffle Winner(Prize Type 2 ) must give a notice period of 2 weeks prior to date of departure
- Raffle Winner(Prize Type 2 ) cannot be rescheduled or refunded for money
- Raffle Winner(Prize Type 2 ) cannot fly on holydays or peck travel times
- Raffle Winner(Prize Type 2 ) Ticket is valid 6 months of the winning date.
- Raffle Winner(Prize Type 2 ) Travel must be from Abu Dhabi.
- Raffle Winner(Prize Type 2 ) are not eligible for upgrade
- Raffle Winner(Prize Type 2 ) will not receive Etihad miles
- Winning tickets cannot be sold or returned for cash
- Raffle Winner(Prize Type 2 ) will not receive travel insuranc
- Raffle Winner(Prize Type 2 ) All additional charges not included
|Judging for Competition
- Finalists from the Entrants will be shortlisted and judged for the Competition by a panel appointed by the Organiser. All decisions of the Organiser will be final and no discussions or correspondence will be entertained for questioning or challenging a decision of the Organiser.
- Proof of identification will need to be provided in order to confirm the flight booking including a copy of a valid passport, and confirmation of details provided to enter Competition.
- Flights will be subject to Etihad Airways terms and conditions; and Conditions of Carriage which are provided on the Etihad Airways website (www.etihad.com).
- In case an Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it will be the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Organiser in writing. Entrant’s request to access or modify his/her information provided in an Entry should be directed to the Organiser.
- The Winner must formally agree and comply with any legal agreements, rules or regulations requested by the Internship Provider. Such agreements, rules or regulations will be disclosed and (if required) signed by the Winner prior to the finalization of any travel arrangements.
- The Promotor reserves the right to revoke any of the Prizes, if the Winner does not claim it within a year from the day of announcing the name of Winner(s) and/or is unreachable by the Organiser.
|Intellectual property rights
- As a condition of entering into this Competition and Raffle, each Entrant hereby exclusively assigns to the Organiser all rights, title and interest in all copyrights in their Works. Each Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Organiser shall have a legal right to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled by any means to any fee for such use of Works.
- In consideration for the Organiser awarding the Prize to the Winner, each Winner hereby agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the Prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Each Winner also hereby exclusively permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the Prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to claim any fee for such use by any means. The Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
- By entering the Competition, each Entrant fully agrees that the Organiser may use their personal information for future promotional and marketing purposes, regarding the Organiser’s products and services, including contacting the Entrant via SMS and email messages (and the Entrants consent to receiving such messages from the Organiser). Information on how to opt-out from these messages is set out in the Organiser’s Privacy Policies. The Organiser’s Privacy Policies also explain how an Entrant can seek to access or correct any personal information which the Organiser holds about the Entrant, how to complain about a privacy breach by the Organiser and how the Organiser will deal with a privacy complaint. Entrants can contact the Organiser in relation to its handling of personal information at email@example.com.
- Entrants may not disclose any of the participating project contents, including their own, to any third parties until the project(s) has/have been made public by the Organiser. (otherwise Organiser reserves the right to claim against that Entrant)
- As a condition of entering into this Competition and Raffle, the Entrant warrants to the Organiser that the Entrant has obtained permission from his/her legal guardian and any applicable third party for participating or making the Entry in the Competition.
|Limitation of liability
- The Organiser, its associated agencies, affiliates, contractors and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law) for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Competition and Raffle or any Prize(s). This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this Competition and Raffle and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with this Competition and Raffle as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged Entries, Prize claims or Prizes; (iv) acceptance and/or use of any Prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip); (v) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- The Organiser accepts no liability to the Winner in respect of the Internships.
- The Organiser will not be liable expressly or impliedly for any tax implications arising from any Prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications which may arise as a result of accepting the Prize(s) by the Entrants.
- If for any reason, the flight ticket Winner does not, once the flights have been booked, take the flight at the time stipulated, then their Prize will be forfeited and will not be redeemed for cash. Once travel itinerary including flights, accommodation and event tickets have been issued, no changes to the itinerary or name changes will be allowed.
- The Organiser makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the Prize.
| Applicable law
- It is the flight ticket Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred because of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- If in any jurisdiction, this Competition/Raffle is unlawful, then to the extent that the laws of that jurisdiction are applicable, this Competition/Raffles will be void in that jurisdiction.
- These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between the Entrant and Organiser are governed by federal laws of the UAE as applied in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the laws of Abu Dhabi. By completing and submitting an Entry, Entrant is agreeing to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Abu Dhabi courts